Mention the term washing machine, and you can visualize a home appliance that has become a part of many Indian households. But yes, similar to any electronic equipment, even the washing machine also becomes prone to repairs. In this article, let us focus on the common washing machine problems and troubleshooting tips.
A very common problem associated with the washing machine. You can find water on the floor beneath the washing machine. It may be the result of leakage from connection or hoses. Ensure that the water is a leakage from the washing machine and is not the source of any nearby pipes. You should ensure that stainless hoses and valves are set properly to prevent drainage problems.
- Check the fittings to see if the hoses are properly connected to faucets. The same applies to every part of the washing machine. Now, search for the hoses. If they are worn out or damaged, then you can identify the reason for water leaks. You can tighten the clamps or couplings or in rare occasions, a requirement for replacement of the hose. Seek the services of a washing machine repair technician to fix the problem.
- There are chances you may have used a different detergent. The result is the creation of a large amount of suds. And it has resulted in an overflow. It is a common problem. Use the proper detergent and the drainage will not happen.
- There are chances that a seal or bearing has got damaged and needs replacement. In a similar situation, you should call an appliance repair person.
2.Vibration Problems in Washing Machine
Your spouse may have experienced a similar problem. The washing machine shakes when you put on the switch for a load.
One simple reason is that the appliance is not standing in the normal ground. Or the other reason is that the wash load has become large on one side of the washing machine. Ensure that the ground is level and flat.
- Kindly check the entire appliance. Ensure that the front legs have the locking nuts and rubber caps that hold them in a perfect standing position. If your washing machine does not have them, then buy and install them. The best alternative is to buy the anti-vibration pads.
- The other way is to tilt the appliance. So, the back feet will get adjusted on their own. You can recheck the load and adjust the front feet. Now switch on the appliance. Does it still vibrate? Then there are chances of an internal technical problem. You may have to call a washing machine repair technician.
3.The Washing Machine Does Not Spin
There are many reasons that the washing machine does not spin in proper fashion. But for every problem, you have to open the cabinet. We will start with a simple problem and then move to complex ones.
A.Large Loads Of Clothes
Have you stuffed too many clothes in one load? Then the machine will find difficulty in the spinning activity. A similar situation can happen if you have not distributed the clothes in proper fashion in the basket.
Are you in a similar situation? Then you can adjust the load to help maintain the washing machine balance. There are two options. You can remove the clothes and replace them properly. Or you can distribute them in even fashion.
You can find the lid switch near the door frame. You can find the part inside the cabinet. The manufacturer has designed the switch in such a way so that the washing machine stops when you open the door. Safety precautions. Just check the switch. If it has gone on damage, then the washing machine will not run. In case of a faulty switch, you may have to replace it, and the task requires the services of a washing machine repair expert.
You may find many belts in the washing machine. There are times they need to get replaced. In times of wear and tear, or a broken belt, then the washing machine will not spin. If you have hired the services of a washing machine repair pro, then he will also check the pulley. If this part has suffered a seizure, then the washing machine will not spin. So, the pulley also has to get maintenance.
In this article, we have focused only on very few common washing machine problems and troubleshooting tips. Let us imagine, you are in Bangalore. So, in case you need to hire a washing machine repair professional in Bangalore, what will be the first and easy step? Check for referrals or search on established listing websites. There is another easy way out. You can check if there are home care companies in your town which provide doorstep repair services. Download their app, and book the service as per your convenient time. The washing machine repair technician will come to your home and fix the problem.